Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Path to 8-4 for Tar Heel Football

Only 2 games into the season and my predictions are already wrong.

I thought the Heels would be 1-1 at this point with a chance to beat Va Tech coming up in Chapel Hill. In this case, I like being wrong.

Carolina will either be 3-0 and have a lot of momentum behind them OR they will be 2-1 and right where I thought they would be a month ago. A good young team on their way to an 8 win season.

I don't think the game against Rutgers can really tell us how good these Heels are but it does tell us that they are much more aggressive and confident this year. Va Tech doesn't seem to be their usual self this year but that was expected. If we beat them we will have pretty good confirmation that the program is going in the right direction.

If the Heels beat Va Tech then you would have to say that the Heels could possibly win all of their remaining games. That won't happen but I don't see anyone else on the schedule who is way out of their league. Uconn looks good and Miami has talent. Maryland got a good win. But those games could go either way.

Things change fast in college football so we don't know which teams will start playing better as the season goes on. Right now it is still very possible for the Heels to have that 8-4 season.

And I would be one happy Tar Heel.

Get a free UNC wallpaper at MrTarHeel.com